Friday, April 5, 2013

{FABULOUS FRIDAY FINDS *take#2}

Happy Weekend Everyone!!! 

I know that I am a little late getting my Fabulous Friday Find out, but it is still Friday in California :). I have been thinking about what I would write about this week, and wanted to try some things out before I posted about the validity of this FABULOUS find!

I can honestly say that there are few things that make me feel more girly than getting a manicure. I mean like, I want to bust out singing, "Man, I feel like a woman!" (THANK YOU, SHANIA TWAIN!) I love, love, love having my nails done and my cuticles can never stay nice enough! But truthfully, it gets expensive! and...if I could spend more money on clothes and shoes and, well lets face it, bills, I want to find a way I can maybe get a manicure once every month and still keep my nails looking good during the three weeks in between!

After a visit on Pinterest, I discovered an item that was repinned by my friend Abby. It was the "As close to at home gel manicure " Of course I repinned it and went straight to Target to get supplies to try it out. First and foremost, I love the gel manicure because it is almost impossible to mess up your nails one minute after they are finished. It is also almost impossible for me to leave the nail salon without a messed up nail or two (and a sad face)! Unfortunately, I can not use the gels on a regular basis because they break my nails down tremendously. So the solution? Well, I tried Abby's *repin, and it wasn't quite the perfect recipe. I followed the instructions and it left my nails soggy with imprints (which is the worst!) I was bummed, but decided maybe if I tweaked it a little I might find something that worked. Well, I found nothing other than PERFECTION! {That is until today,  when I chipped one on a Lego :( #nannyproblems!} The rest, however, are still amazingly, perfectly intact!!! And what is even better is that I do not have to deal with the pain of getting the gel taken off at the nail salon. This stuff comes right off with regular nailpolish remover!

I know you are asking, alright already, what is the recipe for nail perfection? Here is my recommendation... 

{RECIPE FOR GEL LIKE, NAIL PERFECTION}:

{Step 1: Base Coat}
{Apply 1 layer of Sally Hansen, Hard as Wraps ($8) 
to your clean nails, 
this should dry in about 60 seconds}

{Step 2: Add your color- 2 coats, 
allow about 5 minutes to dry per coat!}
{I can not find a brand that I like more than...
 essie ($8-9)! it ROCKS!
I actually have a mild obsession with it and have way too many colors!}

{Step 3: Seche Vite ($7 found at beauty supply stores)}
{One coat of this stuff and your nails are sealed with "gel like glow!" 
It only takes 2-3 minutes at the most to dry!}

{Step 4: Sally Hansen No Chip Top Coat ($5)}
{this is one extra coat to add extra protective coverage to your nails}


This is a recipe for success, if you give yourself about 30 minutes or so to paint your nails. If you use the products on a regular basis, it's definitely affordable and easy to upkeep!!! :) Then, you can save the money you would spend on your manicures on more bottles of Essie polish (or wine!) like me! That's all for this week's Fabulous Friday Find!!! I probably won't have one next week because my BEST FRIEND IS GETTING MARRIED!!! but stay tuned for more!!!

{CHEERS!} 


1 comment:

  1. Best online earning site i have ever seen.Visit the site and earn online income

    ReplyDelete